Diabetes is a major concern in today’s world. According to WHO, about 422 million people in the world have diabetes and is one of the leading causes of death in the world. India alone has an estimated 77 million people with diabetes. India is the second largest diabetic country in the world after China. Through this program, you will learn how to manage and eventually reverse diabetes.
What is Type 2 Diabetes?
Type 2 diabetes is a condition in which the blood sugar (glucose) levels are higher than normal range.
Whatever you eat, your body converts it into glucose for energy. Insulin transfers this glucose from the blood to the cells for energy. Basically insulin works like a key to open the lock of the cell. But if you have very low insulin or too much insulin (Insulin resistance) then sugar cannot enter the cell and remains in the blood. So when you test your blood, your blood sugar levels are high.
This is a serious condition where the insulin produced by the pancreas can’t work properly, or the pancreas can’t produce enough insulin.
Signs and symptoms:
- Feeling very tired, more than usual
- Frequent urge to go to the toilet (esp. in the night)
- Loss of weight
- Blurred vision
- Feeling hungry and thirsty often
- Slow healing of wounds
What Causes Type 2 Diabetes?
High calorie diet, junk food, sedentary lifestyle, lack of exercise, excessive stress, irregular sleep patterns, over eating, genetic factors are many of the causes responsible for diabetes, especially type 2 diabetes.
Obesity, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and high triglycerides are some of the major risk factors of diabetes.
Major complications of Diabetes:
The major complications of diabetes include heart disease, heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure, retinopathy, neuropathy, nephropathy, dementia, etc.
The Good News!
Diabetes is a lifestyle disorder which needs to be treated with a healthy lifestyle, diet and exercise regimen and herbs. The good news is Ayurveda has the answer and tools to reversing type 2 diabetes!
Objectives of this program:
- To help manage type 2 diabetes
- To help reverse or bring diabetes into remission
- To help reduce the complications of diabetes
- To help maintain your blood sugar in a healthy range
- To help you in reducing/getting rid of diabetes medication
- Online Consultation/In person Consultation
- Specific herbal preparations to rejuvenate tissues
- Individualized dietary & lifestyle guidelines
- Panchakarma procedures according to the imbalances and constitution of the individual
- Designing a specific lifestyle according to the imbalances and constitution of the individual
- Guidelines regarding seasonal and daily routine
- Customized exercise program
- Stress release management through spiritual practices
- Series of lectures & guidelines